Our CEO, Dr James Garner sat down with Boardroom Media in Sydney to discuss Kazia’s participation in the ground-breaking study with the US National Cancer Institute-backed Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology for the treatment of cancer that has spread to the brain. Kazia was selected to participate in the trial alongside US pharmaceutical giant, Eli Lilly, and biotechnology group Genentech. The National Cancer Institute is the leading cancer research organisation in the US, part of the US National Institutes of Health.
The interview covers:
- What the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology is
- What the study will involve
- About brain metastases and the challenges involved in developing new treatments
- How the Alliance trial differs from Kazia’s own phase IIa study in GDC-0084
- How the Alliance study is an example of personalised medicine
Listen to the interview here.